7 Day Simple Challenge: Day 6 - The meaning behind your tumblr name.
LightFantastic? WELL. LET ME TELL YOU.
There is a bar in Southbank, Brisbane called The Fox. It’s not a particular favourite of mine, it’s just… it’s usually the end of the night when I find myself there. I haven’t for a while, you see, because I haven’t been out in the city for a while. I think I’ve been there a whole…twice? Maybe three times? Usually because my boss was buying the drinks and when he’s buying the drinks you just go to the bars he chooses.
But I digress.
Outside this bar and across from the busway was an old Broadway Theatre sign (pictured) that I saw every godforsaken day as I took the bus/train to/from uni. I loved it. It stuck in my head. I’ve been out of uni for about five years now and I have it on good authority the sign has changed but I still love it. I love it so much I think I might buy a print from this delightful fellow.
And that is how my tumblr got its name. Shotguns is because I like close range weaponry. I like to see the fear in their eyes.
7 Day Simple Challenge: Day 4 - Screenshot your iTunes library, Tumblr dashboard, and desktop.
Yes, my 666th Tumblr post was about wanting a New York burger. Fear my malicious evil. FEAR IT AND GET ME A BURGER.
My desktop background is an accidental photo taken by me of hair. To my 21 year old self, it was so abstract it hurt so I used it. Also, I am lazy and haven’t changed it since. It’s relaxing. I like folders.
In an unsurprising follow up to my demand of sushi, I am now craving burgers. But not just any burger; no, I want that burger from the secret, curtained-off joint in the Meridian Hotel in New York. And I want it now. Do they deliver?
“… It’s just one of the many ways in which I am developmentally stunted. I don’t drive. I can’t cook meat correctly. And I have no affinity for animals. I don’t hate animals and I would never hurt an animal; I just don’t actively care about them. When a coworker shows me cute pictures of her dog, I struggle to respond correctly, like an autistic person who has been taught to recognize human emotions from flash cards. In short, I am the worst.”—Bossypants, Tina Fey (via arbitrarily)
Goddammit there's so much amazing looking food on my dash and I really really want sushi now but everything's CLOSED because this weekend is some minor religious festival thing. I don't know, a guy got nailed or something.
7 Day Simple Challenge: Day 2 - 15 interesting facts about yourself.
1. In the spirit of Easter: I’m of a ‘pay-it-forward’, cosmic karma kind of faith. Do unto others and all that. It’s the only aspect of religion or spirituality or whatever you want to call it I’m completely patient and at peace with.
2. On a related note: I’ve worn a cross since I was 16. Not because of any lingering feelings towards faith, but because I like the shape. It’s an ‘Alchemy Rose’, apparently.
3. I’m genetically predisposed to having twins. Well, me or my kid sister. There is alarming regularity of the generational occurrences in our ancestors.
4. I’m legit looking into donating my eggs. My children will be awesome; they are just not welcome in my uterus. And what a happy surprise the unsuspecting recipient will get if no. 3 comes to pass.
5. Speaking of genes: I’m 2nd gen Polish on Dad’s side and 4th gen German on Mum’s. I’m WWII.
6. I sleep with the sheet tucked up loosely around my head like a hood. It gives me adventure dreams, no fooling.
7. As happy as I am to be single, I sometimes miss being in love. What a wonderful feeling.
8. Disney’s evil characters are my favourite characters.
9. I’ve been published in mainstream printed media once a year the last three years.
10. Never got my wisdom teeth in. Suckers.
11. I’ve done all my best work sitting on my beat up, faded yellow couch I can’t bear to part with.You’ll pry it from my cold, dead hands future roomies.
12. I refuse to deal with spiders larger than a 10c piece.
13. No, I haven’t sat down and watched The L Word and I haven’t seen Gia. I’ll hand in my card tomorrow.
14. Touch a sketchbook of mine without permission and I’ll end you. I’m not even remotely joking.
15. None of these were interesting and I’m sorry, it’s 1am and I’m fried.